The displacement measurement system SGS 4701 (Spindle Growth System) has been developed for high speed milling machine applications. Due to high machining speeds and the heat generated, the linear thermal extension of the precision machine tool spindle needs to be compensated for in order to keep the tool in a defined position at all times.
- Non-contact and wear-free measurement
- Cost-effective design
- Miniature sensor and controller, entirely integrable into spindle
- Calibration for aluminum or iron
- Integrated temperature measurement in the sensor
- Extreme temperature stability